Dominic J. Lewis, MD
Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dominic J. Lewis, M.D. is Board Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Lewis received hi Bachelor of Science and Master of Science degrees in Chemistry from American University in Washington, D.C. He received his Doctor of Medicine degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine. He went on to a residency in orthopaedic surgery at Howard University Hospital and completed a prestigious fellowship in Foot and Ankle Surgery at the prominent American Sports Medicine Institute in Birmingham, Alabama. He also worked as a Medical Staff Intern for the Washington Redskins.
Dr. Dominic J. Lewis specializes in:
- Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- American University Master, Washington, D.C.Master of Science in Chemistry
- Georgetown University School of Medicine, Washington, D.C., M.D.
- American Sports Medicine Institute, Birmingham, AL, Foot and Ankle Fellowship
Awards and Achievements
- Nominated for AOA Resident Leadership Forum 2004
- HUH Medical Staff Resident Leadership Award 2003
- Black Issues in Higher Education All-American 1994
- AU Senior Male Athlete of the Year 1993-94
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
- Surgery Center of Aventura
Dr. Lewis’ Publications:
- Lewis, D., Thompson, T. “Osteochondral grafting of a central dome lesion using a wedge osteotomy of the distal tibia: A case report.” Orthopedics Accepted for publication.
- Kholi, M., Lewis, D., Luck, R., et. al. “Rhenium Dihydrogen Complexes and Long H-H Interactions: X-ray-Determined Single-Crystal Structures of ReCl(2-H2)(Ph2PCH2CH2PPh2)2.THF and [ReO2(Ph2PCHCHPPh2)2][ReO4].” Inorganic Chemistry 33 (1994): 879-83.
- Lewis, D., Luck, R. L., Silverton, J. R. “Structure of Bis[cis-1,2-bis(diphenylphosphino)ethylene]dichlororhenium (II) Hexane Solvate.” Acta Crystallografia C49(8) (1993): 1421-4.
Licensure & Certifications :
- Florida State Department of Health
- Alabama State Department of Health
- District of Columbia
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
Professional Memberships :
Dr. Lewis’ memberships:
- American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons